Château Croix Cardinale
and its cep mushrooms ravioli
Cep mushrooms and chestnut raviole,
foamy cep mushroom and truffle cream
& Château Croix Cardinale 2019
Recipe for 4 people
For the cep mushroom and chestnut raviole
- 24 squares of Chinese raviole dough
- 100 grams of fresh cep mushrooms
- 2 spring onions
- 100 grams of cooked chestnuts
- Fleur de sel
- ground white pepper
- 30 grams of butter
For the cep mushroom mousse cream
- 200 g fresh cep mushrooms
- 30 g dried cep mushrooms
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 5cl white wine
- 30 cl of liquid cream
- 1 cube of veal stock
- a little nutmeg
- a bay leaf
- a little butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 truffle
Prepare the foamy cream with cep mushrooms
- Rehydrate the dried cep mushrooms in hot water for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Drain them and save the soaking water.
- Scrub the cep mushrooms and cut them into pieces.
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Brown the chopped shallot and garlic for a few minutes. Add the ceps. Sweat them to remove all the water from the mushrooms. Pour in the white wine and reduce completely. Add the cream and the cube of veal stock as well as the bay leaf.
- Add the ceps rehydration water and the rehydrated ceps. Let reduce. The sauce should become very creamy and take on a good flavor of cep mushrooms. Adjust the seasoning according to your taste.
- Keep warm.
Prepare the stuffing for the cep and chestnut ravioli
- Brush the ceps. Cut them into brunoise, into small cubes.
- Chop the chestnuts coarsely enough to make it chewy.
- Wash the spring onions. Thinely chop them.
- In a skillet, melt 30 grams. Sweat the ceps until the water is absorbed. Add the chestnuts and the spring onions. Brown for 5 minutes over low heat until the spring onions become tender. Season with salt and white pepper.
Prepare the assembly of the raviole
- On the work surface, place 12 sheets of raviole. With a brush, brush the edges of the raviole sheets with water. Place ceps and chestnut stuffing in the center of each raviole. Be careful to stay in the center to be able to close the raviole.
- Place a 2nd sheet of raviole on the stuffing and press gently but carefully all around the raviole to seal it. Be sure to remove the air.
- Repeat the operation for each raviole.
Prepare the ravioles for cooking
In a wok, bring water to a simmer (¾ of the way up). Carefully place 4 to 5 ravioli in the wok at the same time. Cook for 3 minutes. Drain with a skimming device and place the ravioles 3 by 3 in a soup plate.
- Once the raviolies have been placed in the soup plates, emulsify the cep mushroom sauce with a blender and coat the ravioles with this sauce.
- Thinely grate the truffle onto each plate.
- Finish with chervil sprigs if you wish.
- You can find the veal stock cubes on the EPURE website
- If you do not have fresh porcini mushrooms, use white mushrooms
Many thanks to Stéphanie Bottreau for this food and wine pairing imagined especially for Château Croix Cardinale.
🌿 Culinaire Photographer : Sandra Hygonnenc
🌿 Culinary Creation : Stéphanie Bottreau